Everyone loves some tasty homemade snacks at home. Air fryers are the latest kitchen gadget to make the job easier for you.
But some people are not sure how to cook some of their favorite snacks at home. Frozen crinkle fries in air fryer is a great example of how simple, nutritious and delicious food can be.
Crinkle fries are an example of processed food and turn out to be very tasty when cooked in the right manner.
Frozen crinkle fries are a great alternative to regular fries. These fries are a little healthier as they are baked and not fried. They taste good, which is a bonus. So, let us discuss how to cook frozen crinkle fries.
Why Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries?
Crinkle-cut fries taste delicious when fried in a deep fat fryer, but that’s not the only way to cook them.
Oven-baked crinkle-cut fries are much healthier than deep-frying but tend to lack the crunch that one usually gets from the deep-fat fryer.
With air frying technology things take a turn for the better and you’re back to getting your crispy fries. Now you can make your oven-baked crinkle-cut fries in your air fryer with no hassle.
Cooking Crinkle Fries
- Preheat your air fryer. It isn’t a requirement, but reports have indicated that you will achieve the best and most even cooking results if you preheat your air fryer for 2-3 minutes before begin cooking.
- Pour 10 ounces of fries into the basket.
- These fries take a little longer to heat up but once they do, they’re super delicious and crunchy. We found that 400 degrees F for 14 minutes was the temperature and time we needed to use in order to get the perfect batch of crispy french fries.
- Halfway through the cooking time remove the basket and toss the fries so that the fries on the bottom come to the top. You may add salt in fries at that time. Spray the fries with a little cooking spray, this will help the salt stick to the fries, then sprinkle on all sides onto your heated skillet or griddle for about two minutes or until golden brown when flipping, finishing off in your oven when done if they are not already crispy enough before serving.
Tips while making Fries
- Without oil, fry your frozen fries in your air fryer to save time and money. Skip the extra step of baking them in the oven or as a side dish at dinner. Just as delicious as ever.
- To make perfect crinkle-cut fries the first time, there are really just a couple of things to remember. It’s that easy.
- Just remember that there are different sizes and thicknesses of crinkle-cut fries and that after making your first batch, you then will know how long you want to cook for your perfect personal batch.
- We then tested all the different brands and they all turn out good, some brands having their frozen crinkle-cut French fries already seasoned; those will cook a little darker.
- As we found out the only factor that changes proper cooking timing is how thick they are as all cooking times seem to be the same. All air fryers work differently.
- They may cook hotter, cooler or they can be big and small. Air fryer food cooks crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Often times they taste better than deep-fried food because they don’t contain any extra grease and they’re way healthier.
- It is important to remember not to overfill the air fryer basket with fries. If you try and do too much at once, they most likely will not cook evenly and may not be cooked properly.
- It is easier and safer for you and your future customers if you cook in small batches of three or four servings each time instead of trying to do too much all at once! See our content below showing how we make 3-4 batches.
FAQs Related to Frozen Crinkle Fries in Air Fryer
Do I need to defrost frozen fries before frying?
No, you do not need to thaw them, in fact, we advise you not to. We believe that frozen fries should go straight from the freezer to your air fryer and if anything – only be preheated for 5 minutes (on a low heat setting) before placing them into the fryer basket.
This will ensure that they’re not overcooked on the outside and still crispy on the inside for that perfect crunchy bite.
Are air-fried fries healthy?
I don’t necessarily think air fryers are healthy, but they can be if you buy one that’s well made. Air fryers cut the unhealthy oil out of the frying process while keeping all of the crispy taste you love so much about fries.
An air fryer is a great, easy and quick way to cook crinkle fries. The best-frozen crinkle fries are the frozen crinkle fries that you don’t have to cook but if you have them then the best way to cook them is to use an air fryer.
The reason being that you can get them nice and crispy. You can buy frozen fries in packages or in bulk in some stores. They are very convenient and cannot beat the taste of cooked crinkle fries.
Air frying frozen fries in an air fryer is a great way to do that in a healthier way. You can put them in air fryer and cook for minutes and then serve them with dipping sauce or ketchup
I hope that you will understand how to cook frozen crinkle fries in air fryer. If you have any queries regarding this then tell us in the comment section or visit other blog posts on our website.