Air Fryers are a great modern innovation and an efficient and quick solution for cooking and deep-frying. You can use it to make healthy foods like French fries, chicken, pork chops, and even desserts.
Because it uses less oil than deep frying, foods taste pretty delicious. Air Fryer is a smart and sleek kitchen appliance that uses hot air technology to cook food to a crisp golden brown.
There are a lot of recipes online that you can choose from when you want to make something delicious in your Air Fryer.
Frozen onion rings are a simple addition to any frozen dinner. If you use one of the commercially frozen onion ring products, they are usually very expensive. In this blog, we will learn how to make frozen onion rings in Air Fryer.
Why Air Fry Frozen Onions?
If you enjoy going to a pub for a beer or a few with friends, then you probably order your favorite pub grub every now and again. They serve good fried foods but are fried in really hot oil.
Related Post: How Does an Air Fryer Work without Oil?
It’s no wonder once in a while we end up getting indigestion from the meal. Though delicious, fried foods may be cooked in soybean or corn oil which can clog our arteries after too much consumption.
It is recommended to go easy on them from time to time to ensure heart health down the line. You can air-fry your onion rings at home to maintain the perfect balance of grease, fat content, and calories.
Frozen onion rings usually already come with a small amount of oil in the coating. It’s highly recommended that you give your crisper dish or basket a quick spray or brush of olive oil before adding the onion rings to prevent sticking.
Make Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. We suggest preheating in order to cook food evenly, which is even more important when cooking from frozen.
Grab your favorite brand and amount of onion rings out of the freezer (we used Alexia Onion Rings, and we ended up using half a bag).
Add these into your air fryer basket. Cook for 4-5 minutes shaking halfway through. Once cooked, remove from the basket and enjoy immediately by themselves or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Reheat Onion Rings in Air Fryer
Keeping it simple, you will want to preheat your air fryer at 350 degrees and bake your onion rings for 2-3 minutes.
However, this process can be tricky because the outside of the onion rings is usually crispier than the inside.
Additionally, microwaving them can also dry them out too much which is why you should use an air fryer with the intent of cooking them.
You don’t want to generate too much heat so this way they have enough time to reheat thoroughly while avoiding burning the outsides.
But if it does happen, don’t worry because you can still salvage your rings. Simply use an oil sprayer or EVO Oil Sprayer (this thing really is handy) and that should bring back that moisture in no time.
Best Brand of Frozen Onion Rings for the Air Fryer
It’s important to choose a quality brand that makes its products with the highest quality ingredients that will provide you with crispy onion rings that you can enjoy not just once but twice or even more.
We are really enjoying Alexia’s frozen onion rings. They are light, airy, crunchy onion rings that are not greasy at all. Perhaps our favorite part is the breaded crust with Panko breadcrumbs.
What makes the Alexia frozen onion rings different from other brands in the size and thickness of the rings inside.
When we tested them, we started with this recipe on the Alexia brand with Panko breadcrumbs on the outside crust.
Factors that Influence the making of Onion Rings
Lots of factors influence the cooking of frozen onion rings. Some are specific to each individual person, but others can be accounted for when making adjustments to your recipe book.
For example, baking times will vary based on how many pounds or pounds of rings you choose to bake at once since it takes time for all items to reach an acceptable internal temperature.
The more food being cooked in the basket, the more frequently one will need to check its progress by shaking or moving it around to ensure that everything cooks evenly.
One may also want to consider how big their air fryer is if they have a small-capacity model which means they’ll have to use smaller quantities at a time so as not shake up the basket too frequently unless they have lots of time.
You know when you start pouring oil in your air fryer and it begins to smoke violently? Well, that’s normal.
It happens with every kind of air fryer when you’re using it for the first few times because nobody can tell exactly how hot their air fryer is.
Related Post: The 8 Best Ceramic Air Fryer
All air fryers operate differently and thus have different temperature limits for heating food. That’s why the first batch of onion rings you cook will help you learn about your machine and what factors affect how hot it can get in a given setting. These were tested on basket-style air fryers.
Tips while making Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- First and foremost, do not shrink the onion rings. Firstly, like many frozen meals that someone might be considering buying at a grocery store or shopping at a big-box retailer, for example, it’s important to always know the best ways in which to cook things like frozen onion rings!
- The best way is something such as by using an air fryer, but make sure you bake them in a single layer if possible; otherwise, your food will not crisp up nearly as well.
- So, proceed once more with caution if you don’t have the smaller variety. And make sure to keep each batch separate (you can use silicon mat sheets intended for baking cookies on this task).
- Air fries tend to be more flavorful when it comes down to cooking vegetable products; thus, why they’re used more often than common deep fat frying techniques. Also, remember that some model sizes don’t take too kindly if they happen to end up making too much food – so keep this in mind when looking into purchasing one of your own.
- If you’re nervous about cooking your food, don’t be. No oil is required for this recipe, so it’s perfect for healthy nuts or people who are on a diet! You can cook frozen onion so do not thaw first.
- If you need to shake or turn the air fryer basket, make sure to do so before adding more food. Don’t overcrowd the basket; leave at least an inch between each onion ring.
- Before putting it in the basket, let your air fryer heat up if it isn’t already hot enough (check the manual that came with your product). Recipe timing is based on preheated air fryers; if cooking in multiple batches back-to-back, the following batches may cook faster than usual.
- If cooking with a larger device, adjust cooking time accordingly. Remember to set a timer throughout the process to give food sufficient time in order to avoid burning or overdone results.
FAQs Related to Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
Can you put frozen things in an air fryer?
No matter what your food of choice, having an air fryer handy is a must-have. While the best way for frozen foods is usually to set them high and forget them, there are a lot of uses for an air fryer if you know what to look for. For example, has a vertical grill which makes it even harder for frozen food to stick.
How long do you do frozen onion rings in an air fryer?
Generally, it takes about eight minutes to cook frozen onion rings in an air fryer. This makes for a wonderful breakfast treat and can be served with ketchup and some freshly baked homemade buttermilk biscuits – YUM!
If you want crispier onion rings, leave spacing between each of them so that the heat can circulate best. This will result in faster overall cooking and more even cooking overall.
How do you crisp frozen onion rings?
Don’t defrost the onion rings. Many frozen foods actually taste better when air-fried, but since most people aren’t heating their roofs to 400 degrees, it’s best to air dry in a single layer for maximum crispiness.
You’ll likely have to do your air frying in 2 or 3 batches. Keep each batch warm on a sheet pan by placing them in a preheated 200-degree oven until all are done.
If your home oven doesn’t vent well, try using a cooler or paper bag as a substitute for some added insulation if needed.
You would love to eat onion rings while watching TV at home, but you are short of time to fry them in oil on the gas.
An air fryer is your perfect alternative. Air fryers are great kitchen gadgets. Not only do they make things healthier, but they also take a lot less time than the traditional methods do.
And, you can fry anything in them. No matter what it is, an air fryer makes it healthier and tastier. If you want something that’s healthier than frozen onion rings, but don’t want to go to the trouble of making your own, you should definitely try this recipe.
Not only do frozen onion rings in the air fryer taste great, but they are also healthier than the kind you get at the drive-through.
In this blog, we will discuss how to make frozen onion rings in air fryer. I hope that this blog post will help you in this regard you can also visit our website for more recipes.