Air fryers have become a household name. From a simple kitchen appliance, air fryers have turned into a way of life in the kitchens of many homes in the UK.
A big reason for this is the fact that air fryers have been known to cook foods in a way that is healthier and faster.
Foods such as breaded chicken, chips, and generally anything that is breaded will turn out better when cooked in air fryers. In this regard, frozen fries may fit into this category.
As we all love French fries and they are one of the most consumed food items all over the world, especially in North America and Europe, People want to know how to cook frozen fries in air fryer.
The air fryer is a wonderful modern kitchen appliance and it is a good seller around the world.
Making Fries in the Air Fryer
The first thing you want to do is set the heat level on your Air Fryer. Some models need preheating as a precaution, as noted in your manual.
Once your Air Fryer is preheated, the next step is to add your French fries to the baking dish. Only make sure that there’s enough room for air around the fries because this will ensure even cooking and prevent overheating.
Then, cook them at a time shaking or tossing them every five minutes to keep them from settling. This way, they can rest on all sides and really crisp up.
When it’s time to take the fries out of the Air Fryer, put them into a mixing bowl and season with salt if desired then serve warm.
Making French Fries in Air Fryer is Easy
We love how easy it is to cook frozen French fries in an air fryer. Not to mention they’re a much healthier alternative to those cooked in oil.
Related Post: How Does an Air Fryer Work without Oil?
These are the perfect, simple snack for picky kids (or anyone craving junk food) without having to feel guilty.
Serve French Fries
These French fries will be just too delicious to have to be eaten with a sauce! They’ll be gone before you can even get them out of the basket.
Related Post: 7 Best Air Fryer with Stainless Steel Basket
If you must eat these frozen french fries in bulk, please keep your fingers out of the air fryer when it’s running because we know how tempting it will eventually become.
But don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to serve these delicious french fries! Ketchup is the original sauce in which french fries were invented in but that’s not all there is and if you’ve got some sauces on hand, we’re sure they’ll do fine in any case.
This amazing sauce is a product I’ve created first and foremost to be used as a dipping sauce for french fries – but if you’re looking for a special ingredient that will not only make your french fries taste delicious but also be extremely good for you, this is the product to use.
In my home, it has replaced mayonnaise and ketchup on everything from burgers to sandwiches. It’s so good.
Make your own Sauce
Mix your favorite spices like salt and pepper with a bit of regular ketchup and mayonnaise to create a unique sauce of your own.
A meat-lovers go-to or one for spicy dishes is to add chipotle chili powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
Mixing with ketchup and mayo also makes for a great dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or popcorn shrimp that is very popular in the Midwest. This is just one example we use when we want to try something new in the kitchen.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Frozen Fries
- While air fryers help to cook food in a healthy way by baking in hot air rather than oil, the cooking time may vary depending on your model. Some models rotate while others do not.
- To ensure even cooking you will want to shake your basket halfway through to turn over your food!
- You can also give them a light toss-up in the air but be careful not to drop anything in the tray when you’re opening it, always be sure to use oven mitts or gloves as it gets hot and steamy as the food cooks as well as some sections of the appliance as well such as where you put your timer dial.
- Your model might rotate so be sure to check on your food so you don’t let them burn and use those gloves for protection just this once.
- Fries are one of the most popular fast-food items in the world. When deep-frying them at home, make sure you don’t overfill your air fryer.
- At the same time, make sure you don’t overcrowd it either or you could end up with fries that are soggier than what you’d like to eat.
- Depending on which air fryer you have, how big your basket is, and how many fries you are cooking at once, it will take longer or shorter to cook.
- If you are using a toaster oven-style air-fryer, the cooking time should be increased by five to ten minutes. The recipe card should give the times necessary for the different cuts of fries.
Are frozen fries in the air fryer healthy?
French fries are considered to be unhealthy on average. This is because they’re fried with oil, which destroys some nutrients in the potatoes Leaving aside fast-food restaurants that use frozen potatoes that are then cooked on-site.
French fries tend to be high in bad oils, sodium, and all sorts of sugars on top of being served with cheese. Yet according to McDonald’s France, their French fries make up only 10% of the calories in a meal of its size (470 calories).
If we talk about Frozen French fries, then it does not contain so much oil as they are considered healthy.
Do you put oil on frozen French fries in an air fryer?
Oil isn’t necessary, but we like to add some in this recipe because it keeps the potatoes tender on the inside and gives them added flavor.
What can I season my air fryer french fries with?
Try working with things like fresh garlic, onion flakes or powders, seasoned salt, or chipotle powder.
Air Fryers are great kitchen appliances that help you to cook some of your favorite foods with very little oil.
They can help you to reduce the calories and fat content of foods, which is really useful if you are trying to lose weight. One of our most popular recipes is our Air Fryer French Fries.
It’s really easy to make and you can cook frozen fries in the Air Fryer. We know that you love your frozen fries, and no one wants to wait for them to cook in the oven.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide for how to cook frozen fries in air fryer. We hope you find it helpful and enjoy your air-fried frozen fries.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below and visit our website. We’d love to hear from you.