Nothing is better than a hearty pot pie made in the oven and filled with meat and potatoes. It’s a perfect meal for a chilly winter day and can be prepared in minutes.
If you don’t have an hour to make a pot pie, no worries; you can make a pot pie in an air fryer. Tasty Pot Pie can make anyone happy which is why it is very easy to make.
It is the perfect dish to make for anyone, It is very simple to make, yet very delicious. You can make it in less than thirty minutes.
I think we all remember the days when we used to make pies but today, we want to make the pies made in the air fryer.
We all want to eat food that is easy and quick and that is how we end up making air fryer pot pies. We don’t need the hassle of making the dough and making the pie.
All we need is an air fryer and some pre-made dough and we can enjoy a pot pie. The Pot Pie is the quintessential comfort food.
There is something comforting about eating food out of a bowl. It’s an easy dish to make, inexpensive, and the results are delicious. This blog will show you how to make pot pie.
What is Pot Pie?
A pot pie is a classic dish that comes in a variety of different forms. It is a hearty meal that is a great winter dish that everyone will love.
A pot pie is a savory pie made of a flaky pastry crust filled with chunks of meat and vegetables. It is usually served warm.
It is a form of hot pot. It has a lot of different components but can be put together with a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients for Hot Pot Pies
- lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 12 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar (raw)
- Defrost the pre-made pie crust as directed on the packaging.
- While you’re making the pie, preheat the Air fryer to the maximum setting.
- Cut 1 crust about an 18th of an inch larger than the baking tin and a second one a bit smaller than the baking tin using the smaller baking tin. To extend the pie crust, you may need to roll it out a little with a rolling pin. Set aside the smaller one.
- Place the largest cut crust in the baking pan after spraying it with baking spray. Remove from the equation.
- Place the diced Apple, lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. To blend, stir everything together.
- Pour the apples into the pie crust-lined baking pan.
- Butter chunks should be placed on top of the apples.
- Place the second pie crust over the apples and squeeze the edges together. Make a few slits in the dough’s top.
- Spread beaten egg over the top of the crust, then sprinkle raw sugar on top.
- In an Air Fryer basket, place the pie.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F and set the timer for 30 minutes.
Step by Step Guide of How to make Pot Pie?
- When making hot pies in an air fryer, follow these steps for the best results. Preheating can obviously be skipped, but it will result in slightly longer cooking times and less crisp hot pies in the end.
- The steps for producing a crispy hot pie are straightforward!
- Preheat the air fryer to 320° Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). This is required to ensure that the hot pies are heated evenly all the way through.
- Place two to three hot pies in the air fryer basket or on your air fryer trays at a time and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Set a timer for 8 minutes, then check to see if the hot pies have completely heated through. You may also flip the hot pies over and cook them for another 2 minutes on the other side to crisp them up. The number of hot pies that can be fried at the same time in your air fryer is limited by the amount of space available. Make sure they’re set out in a single layer with enough space between them to allow air to circulate.
- Cook at 320 degrees for 18-23 minutes, using the air fryer setting on your stovetop. The pie crust should have a golden-brown color to it.
- Now is the time to toast the buns if you wish to. Simply set aside the cooked hot pies for a few minutes while the rest of the dish is being prepared.
- During the frying process, this prevents the cheese from slipping off and melting into a sloppy mess in your air fryer. Place the hot pies in the air fryer after they have been fried to allow the residual heat to melt the cheese.
- Assemble the hot pies with any condiments you choose and serve.
- To begin, open up the pie crust and place it on a baking sheet. If necessary, flatten it with a rolling pin to make it more uniform.
- Place one pie crust circle onto the bottom of the pie dish, lightly pressing it down. Repeat with the other pie crust round. In a second step, pour the apple filling into the pie crust and smooth it out evenly.
- Trim the edges of the second crust once it has been placed on top of the first. Make a couple of incisions in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape while it’s baking.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, then use a pastry brush to brush the melted butter onto the top of the crust. While the pie is baking, you can brush it with an egg wash to help it brown and become golden.
- Using the sugar and cinnamon mixture, coat the inside of the air fryer basket with a dash of cinnamon sugar and set it in the air fryer basket. Cook at 320 degrees for 18-23 minutes, using the air fryer setting on your stovetop. The top of the pie crust should be golden brown, and the bottom should be cooked through.
- It can then be topped with a small amount of brown sugar, white sugar, powdered sugar, or another dab of the cinnamon and sugar mixture when it has finished cooking.
- Serve chilled or warm, with ice cream or whipped cream on the side if desired.
FAQs Related to Pot Pie in an Air Fryer
Which apple is the best for baking, and which one should you avoid?
There are many different kinds of apples, but when it comes to creating apple pies, you want to be picky about the apples you use.
Making traditional apple pie with tart apples, such as Granny Smith. If you like a sweeter apple pie filling, Gala apples can be substituted for regular apples.
Is it possible to prepare this apple pie ahead of time?
Yes. You may make this pie a few days ahead of time and preserve it in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap.
This pie will stay in the refrigerator for up to a week before becoming a touch sloppy in the middle.
How do you bake an air fryer Hot pie?
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Nonstick cooking spray should be sprayed into the air fryer basket.
Air fry 2 pies at a time for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling until the crust is golden brown.
The recipe for America’s favorite pie has just been even easier! Making Hot Pie in the Air Fryer takes only minutes rather than hours.
This pie is baked to perfection, with a crispy crust and a warm apple pie filling inside the pie shell. This recipe contains all of the elements of your favorite dessert that you enjoy.
We have a great pot pie recipe that you can use to make your version of a pot pie. In this blog, we have given you the steps on how to make pot pie in an air fryer.
For more updates on this type of recipe visit our website.